Because it should be done right the first time
CHenry Motorsports offers several tuning packages that cover everything needed to get your vehicle running at its peak performance.
We offer an entry level tune for clients with lightly modified or stock vehicles who are after the benefits of custom tuning at the canned tune price!
|CHenry Basic Tune (1.5 hours)||$295|
|CHenry Full Tune (2.5 hours)||$395|
|CHenry Heads/Cam Custom Tune (3.0-3.5 hours)||$495|
|CHenry Forced Induction/Nitrous Custom Tune (5 hours)||$595|
|CHenry Transmission Only Tuning (1.5 hours)||$295|
|CHenry Out of Town Tuning||Contact Us|
Click here for a sample of some of the vehicles that we can provide our custom tuning services for
|Cadillac||CTS 6.0, 6.2|
|Cadillac||CTS 2.8, 3.6|
|Cadillac||Escalade 5.3, 6.0|
|Chevy||Cobalt 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 (05-06 2.2 Not Supported)|
|Chevy||Cobalt 2.0, 2.2, 2.4|
|Chevy||Corvette 6.0, 6.2, 7.0|
|Chevy||Corvette 6.0, 6.2, 7.0|
|Chevy||Cruze 1.4, 1.8 (1.8 in 2012+ only)|
|Chevy||HHR 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 (2.2 in 2007+ only)|
|Pontiac||G6 3.5, 3.6, 3.9 (3.5 in 07+ only)|
|Pontiac||G8 6.0, 6.2|
|Pontiac||Grand Prix 3.1, 3.8|
|Pontiac||Grand Prix 5.3|
|Pontiac||Solstice 2.0, 2.4 (Transmission Not Supported)|
|Dodge||Challenger 3.5, 3.6, 5.7, 6.1, 6.4|
|Dodge||Charger 3.5, 3.6, 5.7, 6.1, 6.4|
|Dodge||Magnum 3.5, 5.7, 6.1|
|Jeep||Commander 3.7, 4.7, 5.7|
|Jeep||Grand Cherokee 3.6, 3.7, 4.7, 5.7, 6.1|
|Jeep||Wrangler 3.6, 3.8, 4.0|
|Chrysler||300/300C 3.5, 3.6, 5.7, 6.1, 6.4|
|Chrysler||PT Cruiser GT 2.4|
CHenry Motorsports offers engine tuning for all LS based GM engines and all modifications are welcome! Camshafts, Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, Stall converters, and any other insane combination you can dream up! We are also working to add new tuning options as they come available. Currently we are working with beta software for the GM V-6 engine and NGC 3 Chrysler Jeep Dodge based vehicles!
CHenry Basic Tune
The CHenry Basic tune will include transmission tuning for all 4, 6, and 8 speed GM automatic transmissions that have not been modified and still retain the stock torque convertor. Both part and wide-open throttle fueling will be calibrated and verified for safety. Wideband oxygen sensor calibration is not included at this price point. Torque management tables will be modified to customer’s taste. Spark tables will also be modified and calibrated to increase performance within acceptable levels of safety. Clients will be granted one free retune within the first 90 days. This tune is appropriate for lightly modified vehicles (Cold-Air Intake, different tire size, and/or different gear ratio).
CHenry Full Tune
The CHenry Full tune is our original full custom tune that we have been doing since we opened our business. It includes complete tuning of part throttle and wide-open throttle tuning with our NGK AFX wide band O2 sensor. This package also includes a full transmission tune customized to the clients driving style and preferences. All torque management tables will be modified to maximize performance, while still protecting the driveline of the vehicle. All spark tables will be enhanced to maximize performance. This tune suits vehicles that retain the factory camshaft in the engine. Clients will be granted one free retune within the first 90 days. Modifications such as headers, exhaust, ported intake manifold, stall converter, etc are appropriate for this tune.
CHenry Heads/Cam Custom Tune
The CHenry Heads/Cam Custom Tune includes all of the features found in our our CHenry Full Tune as well as the calibrations that are necessary for proper idle control and drivability on a vehicle with an upgraded cylinder heads and/or camshaft. Clients who purchase the Heads/Cam Custom Tune will be granted two free retunes within the first 120 days.
CHenry Forced Induction/Nitrous Custom Tune
The CHenry Forced Induction/Nitrous Custom Tune is our highest level tune. This tune encompasses all the modifications that are acceptable in our other tuning packages and adds Forced Induction or Nitrous. All the adjustments made in the other tuning levels are made as well as all the adjustments necessary for power adders. Clients who purchase the Forced Induction/Nitrous Custom Tune will be granted three free retunes within the first 6 months.
CHenry Transmission Only Tuning
For those who are satisfies with their current engine tune, but dislike their transmission tune, we offer our CHenry Motorsports Custom Transmission tuning as a separate service. This can be done in person or remotely based on the needs of the client. Clients will be granted three free retunes with the first 90 days.
CHenry Out of Town Tuning
For those not located within easy driving distance to Tampa, I have chosen to offer out of town tuning. Please contact me directly for more information as rates will vary based on location and/or number of vehicles. A non-refundable deposit is required.
- Existing Clients who have our current $450 tuning package we thank you for supporting us over the years! Your free retunes for minor modifications and changes benefit will be grandfathered in. Major retunes will remain the same $150 per visit fee.
- If at any point an existing client makes additional modifications to their vehicle and wishes to upgrade from their current tune level to a higher one, they will be responsible for paying the difference between their current tune level and the tune level they wish to upgrade to.
- Retunes under the new pricing schedule will cost $100 per visit and will last between 1 and 1.5 hours. If further time is required an hourly rate of $75 will be billed.
- Follow up visits are sometimes necessary when a car cannot be properly calibrated due to a mechanical inadequacy. Often times these may be noticed half way through the tune or even near the end. If this occurs the client will be billed for the tune or retune during the current visit and then assessed a follow up fee of $75 when they return to complete the tuning.
We only offer full custom tunes suited to you and your vehicle done in person while you watch and even drive! We do not offer "canned tunes." All tunes are "street" tunes in order to get the most accurate calibration possible. Dyno appointments are available upon request following tuning if desired.
Chris, what do you do that makes your tune so special?
- Download and evaluate the full stock or current tune from your vehicle. Discuss your likes and dislikes about your vehicle's performance.
- Return vehicle to stock parameters if previously tuned (I do not build your tune off of someone else's work.)
- Modify torque management and traction control to your desired levels
- Modify engine diagnostic parameters based on vehicle modifications
- Modify cooling fan on/off temperature settings and duty cycle
- Modify top speed limiter (if desired)
- Alter rev limit (if desired)
- Alter idle properties for cammed and forced induction vehicles
- Modify or disable DOD (cylinder deactivation) parameters
- Modify or disable catalyst over temp parameters
- Modify or disable deceleration fuel cutoff parameters
- Modify power enrich parameters for safer engine operation and enhanced power production
- Modify hi octane, low octane, intake air temperature, power enrich/catalyst fuel cutoff, spark tables, as well as knock retard settings
- Recalibrate mass air flow sensor curve based on intake selection on vehicle
Following the above changes to your file we will road test the vehicle to check and further calibrate the part throttle drivability. During this time we will allow the transmission adaptive shift strategy to learn your driving style. Then we will make any necessary changes to the shift feel based on YOUR input. Next, we will install our state of the art NGK AFX wideband sensor into your vehicles exhaust to perform wide open throttle tuning. We will then make several pulls at wide open throttle on the interstate to verify appropriate and safe air fuel ratio and spark advance settings. Following the completion of these calibrations, we will review the data logs of your pulls so I can answer any questions you may have related to our session.
Because lightning does come in a bottle
We currently tune all electrically controlled GM rear-wheel drive transmissions. This includes the 4L60e, 4L65e, 4L80e, as well as other variants of these transmissions.
When tuned, all tables are adjusted properly including part throttle shift speed, line pressure, individual shift pressures, TCC lock-up mph, and all applicable torque management. Included with transmission tuning is road test time to calibrate shift feel to customer's satisfaction.
Tuning for your 6L80e Transmission
The 6L80 is truly an an amazing transmission with Corvettes and G8s being some of the first cars to get this box. It is light years ahead of the 4L60 and its big brother the 4L80. The 6L80 uses a trans controller that is lightning fast and is actually mounted within the trans pan attached to the valve body. It uses incredibly advanced adaptive learning strategies to adapt to the end users driving style as well as account for normal wear.
What does that mean for me?
As years have passed, GM has learned a few things about controlling this trans and has made many significant strategy changes to the way they calibrate shifting. We reverse engineered several 6L80 and 6L90 stock tunes in factory super cars such as the zL1 Camaro, Camaro SS, and a certain supercharged Corvette, the ZR1! There are roughly 40 tables in older 6L80 calibrations that are obsolete and not even programmed into the newer 6L80 control units. There are many tables that are quite confusing to modify, however between my experience as a drivability technician and the extensive trial and error on our shop G8, we have created a monster! We have cars anywhere from 360-730 rwhp running CHenry Trans tunes on stock and modified transmission, with and without stall converters!
Chris, what do you do that makes your tune so special?
- Modify all tq management tables (the percentage, the modifiers, maximum timing pulled, when the timing is pulled...ALL in a manner that keeps the pcm happy and out of "protect mode.")
- Modify shift pressures for each individual shift in all rpm and torque outputs. We don't just modify the main line pressure table and call it "good!"
- For pre 2011 cars, we completely change the 6L80 trans operating system to the newer style used (about 40 tables updated!)
- Modify inertia factor profile tables for all shifts
- Modify all torque adder tables (shift times based on tq and engine rpm)
- Rescale shift engagement and completion profiles for sportier shifts (many tuners are often uncomfortable changing these, but not us!)
- Rescale throttle ramp in for electric throttle control
- Reprogram traction control application and limits
- Rescale auto shift speeds for better shift mph and real engine braking downshifts
- Brake torque bias tables
- Compensate for gears or tire diameter
There are way too many things to list, but you get the idea! Hundreds of hours of R&D have gone into our trans tune and many will agree it is the best around! Remember, transmission shift feel and calibration are very subjective and most owners have different preferences. There is no "one size fits all" transmission tune which is why we calibrate our transmission tune to YOU and the way YOU drive. We're not happy until you are happy!
What can I expect from my CHenry Motorsports tune?
Drive: Firm, yet smooth, part throttle shifts with increased upshift and downshift mph to give a sportier feel. This also keeps the wife or girlfriend happy in my experience! Pushing the pedal past 30% will yield a tire chirping 1-2 shift, followed by snappy upshifts in the gear ranges to follow. Downshifts are firm but again not drastic. Multiple gear downshifts are lightning quick and usually result in traction control assist due to a touch of tire spin. But don't worry the traction control is much less aggressive now and actually works the way it should rather than taking away your keys and grounding you for 15 seconds.
Sport: Sport is similar to Drive, but with higher upshift and downshift mph and much firmer shifting. It is more of a competition mode with short shift times of anywhere from .350 to .150. Part throttle shifts are firm and tend to put a smile on your face. You will spin the tires on multiple gear karate chop gas pedal accelerations! 1-2 and 2-3 upshifts tend to chirp the tires past 50% throttle but aren't terribly harsh on the car or drivetrain due to some torque management and shift time scaling.
Manual: The manual mode shift delay that many 6L80 owners complain about is drastically reduced. Instant tire chirping shifts at 1-2, 2-3, and occasionally the 3-4 can be expected. That is right, I said 3-4 chirp! The only thing missing from this experience is a clutch pedal! Some safeguards are left in place, including a downshift safeguard to keep the engine from being over revved on manual downshifts. Otherwise it will run right up to the rev limiter.